The Trinity Hall Advisory Program is a structure built into the school day through which faculty and a small group of students meet regularly as a way to strengthen connectedness between adults and students. Advisory provides academic, social-emotional mentorship, and fosters a personalized and supportive environment to develop norms of school culture. Another aim of the program is to lower individual students’ barriers to academic success while helping students connect with peers. Through suggested activities focusing on the four core values of leadership, respect, perseverance and faith, students will engage in safe space discussions stretching their thinking and solidifying our learning community.
Role of the Advisor:
- Value the student as a person
- Develop mutual trust and respect
- Promote communication
- Guide the student to solve her problem her way, rather than give direction
- Help students develop confidence and strategies for success in high school
- Act as liaison for academic and community needs